Pages

Friday, September 06, 2013

of dian khayla turning two & our 2013 eid celebrations

Well, hello there everyone ! 
Assamu'alaikum !
Selamat Hari Raya ! Still valid lah I guess since today is the last day of Syawal, teehee. :)


This is going to be a looooong post so bear with me ok ? :)

On the 13th of August, 2 years ago, after 21 hours of labour (yes, you can click here to relive my birthing experience, hee), this precious gem was born ! 


Happy 2nd Birthday my Beautiful Light !

Thank you Allah. :) 

Dearest DK, Mummy loves you so so so so much & I cannot imagine life without you and your incessant chatter.
I pray that you grow up to be bright and the best in this world & the hereafter. May you be blessed with all the pretty, happy & wonderful things you deserve. Aameen.

Loadsa love, hugs & sloppy kisses from your Mummy ! :')

Mr. Sunshine and I planned a birthday celebration for Khayla at Burger King, Extreme Park, Shah Alam on the August 25th. We invited family, some relatives friends who lived nearby. 
I ordered a Barney themed birthday cake & Mr. Sunshine hired 'Barney' to entertain the kids.

The Barney we hired turned out to be skinny and looked pretty different (haha) from the real Barney, so Khayla wasn't really pleased. In fact, she was terrified ! Haha.


The birthday cake from Jasmeen Home Delights



THE BIRTHDAY GIRL, WOOT WOOT !








Cake cutting session. :)

Told ya she was terrified of this version of Barney. Poor baby ! Hehe.
I even had to distract her with a toy to take a picture with Barney.
Us, sans Fahim who was asleep. Hehe. I look so tired !

Arina & pretty Ayra !

With my BFF Annisa and Lene.

The in-laws :)

The extended family ! :)

The friends ! :)

Mak & Abah who came all the way from Batu Pahat. :')


 Disclaimer: No carbonated drinks were served at the party. Hehe.

Alhamdulillah, the party went smoothly. Khayla would like to thank everyone for their presence & presents ! :)




Now moving on to our Raya celebrations this year, as I mentioned in my previous post, we spent Raya eve and the first two days of Syawal in Gombak this year.
Daddy bought beef rendang from Aunty Leha and I made some peanut sauce, chicken curry (as per Mr Sunshine's request) & boiled some nasi himpit. :)

I had a makeup malfunction on the first day of Syawal. I realized I bought the wrong eyeliner because this one made me look like I have black eyes. Blergh. And because I didn't bring my makeup remover, I had to deal with fugly eyes the whole day !

Selamat Hari Raya ya'll ! :)

We went to arwah Mummy's close friend, Aunty Zainah's place in the morning. When I was small, I used to think that this was our kampung. Yes, that's how long we've known Aunty Zainah ! :")

Sunshine ! :)

Seth Fahim wore a baju melayu along with a sampin, super cute tau !


The future dentist and I.

The only photo we took at Aunty Leha's place was of Khayla and her cousins, hehe.


At Aunty Maziey's. Just like the good old days. :)

With Sal on the second day of Syawal before leaving for Batu Pahat. :)


Beraya in Batu Pahat in purple. :)

With the in-laws. :)
This was on the 5th of Syawal before going to Akey's house. :)

My bestie of 15 years with her daughter Qaireen Alisha. :)
Last stop the day before I go back to work - Mak Andak's. :)

There's gonna be a huge change in our lives, soon InshaAllah. No, Khayla is not getting a sibling, YET. I'll blog about it soon.  Ok ok, I'LL TRY to blog about it soon. Don't be mad if I blog about it 6 months after it happens, haha.

I hope all of you had a splendid Raya ! :)

xoxo

1 comment:

sgrmse. said...

Your baby girl is gorgeous in her party dress! & look at all those presents! Hah. :D :D :D Always a wonderfully pleasant surprise to check in here and read an update, Mel. Hope you're keeping well. The family looked very cute in orange for Raya, by the way (;

Love, love.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers