Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

are you ready to say goodbye ?

Ramadhan is nearing its end I feel like I have not accomplished what I set out to do during this holy month.
I am far from perfecting my Qur'an reading skills, I haven't been giving as much as I should and I find myself more consumed by worldly matters as the days go by. *nangis*
But there's still a couple more days before Syawal, so I plan to make the most out of it, InshaAllah.

Work has been okay, Alhamdulillah.
I have found out the hard way that handling procurement of drugs (read: medications, not illegal drugs) is tough ! Now I know what my ex-colleagues who were in charge of a pharmacy store were stressing about most of the time. The past 8 months has seen me making mistakes, and learning from them. Sometimes I do feel like a total failure (sob, sob), but I have to keep reminding myself that mistakes are inevitable especially when you're new. I shall strive to provide better after this, especially next year after this year's drug tender contract ends. Ameen.

On a completely different note, I discovered that I am nearsighted, about 5 months ago. Isk isk. I think it's partly due to owning a smartphone ! Honestly, I always thought that my perfect vision would last me a lifetime (hahaha) because both Daddy and arwah Mummy only had to wear glasses when they were in their 40's to 50's. Hmm. I guess that's what you get when you take Allah's luxuries for granted. Isk isk.

How are your Raya plans this year ? 
Mr. Sunshine and I had planned to spend Raya eve in Gombak this year, since we've been in Batu Pahat for the past two years. But due to unforeseen circumstances, we'd be in Batu Pahat again this year. I don't want to elaborate much on the whys and whatnots because it'll only trigger my lacrimal glands to produce massive amounts of tears. I hope I can keep my calm while we're there.
Next year, InshaAllah we'll celebrate Raya in Gombak. It has been 6 years since arwah Mummy passed on, and that's how long we've never actually celebrated Raya.

Oh, how I miss Mummy. :'(

And with that said, I have lost my mood to blog.
Bye.

xoxo

5 comments:

Petite Fleur said...

Al-Fatihah for your late beloved Mummy.....Ameen.....

Arya Stark said...

Alfatihah to ur late mummy Mel. actually felt a sharp pang in my heart after reading this... and here i am going on a trip during raya n leaving my mom feeling sad cos we wont be around.. adehhh... cheer up Mel... im sure it's gonna be different this year with Dian Khayla... n im sure ur family members, ur dad n siblings wud be excited to celebrate raya for Khayla's sake =)

Naddy said...

May arwah be placed among the beriman peeps.

TheLittleMissPurple said...

Sedihnyaaa :'( Hang on!

Melissa said...

Thank you for all your prayers & kind thoughts.

Dina, it's ok, at least you will be seeing them before you leave kan ? :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers