Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

eh, dah raya ?

I can't believe it's Raya already !

Spent the last day of Ramadhan at home for buka with Marc and Lene.
After buka, we went out to pick Linn and headed to PKNS for a last minute baju kurung hunt.
I had no intention to buy one, but seeing the three of them getting themselves baju Melayu and kurungs, I ended up getting myself a pair too. It's more of something I am planning to wear to work, not my baju Raya. Murah sahaja. :)
I am pretty content with wearing whatever I currently own.

Mr Sunshine dropped by to see me on his way back to Batu Pahat last Thursday night. He brought me a chocolate cake. *hearts smiles*
I was so moved.
I was happy.
I was sad as well.
I have to thank him for all his effort to pick me up.


Sigh.
Things have never been the same since Mummy left.
And who am I gonna kid, things will never be the same.
There would not be any more staying up to boil ketupats and blend ingredients for her rendang.
There would not be any more sneaking down to steal her home made cookies in the middle of the night.
There would not be any more open houses with her spaghetti, pizza, pandan lychee cake and awesome pineapple tarts.
There would not be any hanging of Raya cards and duit raya packets all around the house together.
There would not be any more baju kurung hunts together.
There would not be nagging from her to get the house cleaned up.
There would not be a chance for me to kiss her hands anymore.
There's just no Raya.

But, Aidilfitri is a day of celebration and forgiveness.
I'm sure Mummy would want us all to stay happy.
I'm sure she knows that not a second goes by without her appearing in our thoughts, minds and prayers.
Things will never be the same, but they do not necessarily have to be bad, don't they ?
I want to try to make this Aidilfitri better than the previous ones.
I need to crawl out of this emotional shambles.
InshaAllah.

Salam Aidilfitri 1430H.
Maaf Zahir dan Batin. :)

xoxo

5 comments:

basikal.tua said...

samat ari raya hun !!!~

owh nak tny.. ur Mr.Sunshine org Batu Pahat aite.. which part?

teehehehehe..

Felicia said...

Selamat Hari Raya Mel, sorry its so belated, I just got back from the UK. Missssss you!! Muah!

Melissa said...

Sugar pie: Hee slmt hari raya to you too hun ! :)
He's from Parit Sulong, why eh ? Mesti ada apa apa ni. Hehehe.

Feli: Thanks dear ! It's ok, Raya sebulan, hehe. I MISS YOU TOO ! Muah !

basikal.tua said...

eh nothing la... sbb suddenly i ter'kenal' 2, 3 org new friends and they're from batu pahat also.. mana tau ter'satu' taman ke..kampung ke.. heee~

Melissa said...

Ooohh, hehe. Bley la kita beraya ke Batu Pahat sama2 ? Hehehe.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers