Pages

Thursday, May 06, 2010

my friends-filled weekend.

The weekend has finally arrived ! Alhamdulillah.

My Thursday started with me not feeling too good.
Woke up with a sore throat, a runny nose and a head that would not stop hurting.
While I was on my routine ward round, I was suffocating in the face mask I had to put on.
As our wards here are not air conditioned and the male ward I was in charge of was fully occupied, it got pretty stuffy and hot !
I occasionally felt like I was gonna pass out, but I held on tight to the patients' beds and took deep breaths.
My head was spinning but I did not want another medical leave.
I think I chugged down more than 1.5 litres of water in the morning only.

So I dragged myself throughout the whole day at work today bearing in mind that it's Thursday and I get to go back earlier than usual.

Here I am, at home,  and surprisingly feeling much better. Alhamdulillah.
It must have been due to the over consumption of water.

Mr Sunshine and I were back in Gombak last weekend.
We actually had a wedding to attend last Saturday but we couldn't make it due to last minute changes in that day's plans.
I must say my time was really well spent last weekend.

On Friday morning, it was breakfast with Diana at Old Town White Coffee Taman Melati.


We talked about everything from marriage to buying houses to babies. Happy times ! Hehe.
On top of that, she gave me a lovely pink 'instant' hijab for my birthday.
Absolutely loved the colour !
Thanks dear ! :))

Then it was just bumming at home, watching telly with Daddy. Pure bliss.
That night after the brother got back from work, we (Daddy, Marc, Mr Sunshine, Linn and I) rushed to One Utama to catch Iron Man 2 !
IT WAS SUPER AWESOME lah ok.
I know some of you might be thinking otherwise and say that you prefer the first installment. In the words of Cher Horowitz, "Whatever !" *cue hand gesture*
I LOVED IT.
And I would definitely want to watch it again (if I am not living in this cinema-less Terengganu).

No family photos taken because we got there just in time and after the movie, I needed to pee so badly, snapping photos was the last thing on my mind.

On Saturday morning, I had breakfast with Annisa with McDonald's at The Curve.


I received two tins of yummy Crabtree and Evelyn cookies from her ! White Chocolate and Rasperry cookies and All Butter Orange cookies.
They're both super delicious, and finished. Hehe.
Thanks Ann ! :)
We hopped from McDonald's to IKEA with hopes of sharing a plate of meatballs that I have been craving for. Much to our disappointment, they only start serving meatballs at 12 noon. :(
Ann was also pretty disappointed as she felt that her camera was not giving her good photos that morning, so we adjourned to Starbucks, Ikano Power Centre to snap some pretty shots.
We were at three places in two hours we were together ! Haha.

Then it was lunch with Mr Sunshine's two sisters, Liyana and Syahieda.
McDonald's again. This time in Shah Alam. Hehe.
That place has changed so much since the last time I was there, which was more than a year ago. Not bad.
After lunch, the four of us headed to Bukit Subang where Mr Sunshine's aunt stayed for a visit.


The Curve was my next destination (again) after dropping off Mr Sunshine's sisters.
This time it was to meet up with the Gombak Gang. :))
Honestly, I had mixed feelings about meeting up.
I was obviously very very very excited about seeing them after so long but there was also this silly fear of their reaction towards my new image.
I was nervous when Navin asked me, "How do we do this ?" because we usually kiss and hug each other whenever we meet.
But after that everything was alright, I was so touched that both Gan and him did not show any sense of them being uncomfortable with the fact that I cannot touch/hug/kiss them.
I knew I was stupid to even think about not being 'accepted'.
These people are the people I have known for more than a decade, and we're definitely not friends just because of how and what we look like.
I am doing what my religion commands me to, and I am sure all of them are mature enough to see that. :)
Alhamdulillah.
I am blessed to have these people in my life. 


We had dinner at Paddington House of Pancakes, then dessert at The Chocolate Lounge. :))
Too bad Judith and Trevor could not make it that night, and I wished I could have stayed on longer. :(

And then, it was back to depressing (and hot) Kuala Berang.
Sigh.

Thank you Mr Sunshine for driving me here and there over the weekend.
You're awesome, just like Tony Stark. Haha.

Both of us have some major spring cleaning to do this weekend.
When was it ever winter eh ? Hehe.
This house is a pigsty.
I hope I remain well tomorrow.

Oh, if you're curious about me or if you have anything to say to/about me, you can voice them out here http://www.formspring.me/melissaraffur

Ok, bye !

xoxo

6 comments:

honey bedazzled said...

omigod so nicely spent!

Melissa said...

Wished I could meet up with everyone but yes it was a great weekend ! ;D

Felicia said...

OF COURSE! We love you for who you are! Hugs!!!

Melissa said...

Love you ! Hugs. :)

Unknown said...

That's right dear, you shouldn't be worried at all about how we'll respond to your new image. We'll accept you no matter what.

After all, we know you've been wanting to do so, and will definitely support you all the way now that you've actually done so.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much dear.
You guys are the best ! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers