Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

we're gluttons.

Today both Mr Sunshine and I did not have the chance to feel hungry even for a second.
We had roti canai for breakfast around 10 a.m.
Not one, but two pieces each.

I made spaghetti carbonara at around 3.30pm.
We both had two bowls each too.
At that point I was already satiated and figured we could skip dinner.

In the evening after 6 p.m., I was severely bored.
Boredom always leads to hunger. Or what I perceive as hunger.
After much whining and making cute (haha) faces, Mr Sunshine agreed to drive me to kedai Air Buah Pak San which is located in Seberang Takir, Kuala Terengganu.
It's famous for selling all sorts of fruit juices served in all sorts of glass sizes.
Both of us had mihun soup and it is by far the most delicious dish I have ever tasted in Terengganu !
I am not a fan of the food here in Terengganu.
It has been difficult for me to find food that I really enjoy.
I always get disappointed when we get food from the restaurants/stalls/night markets etc.
I think it's because they put sugar in every thing they make.
Even in spicy dishes, making them not so spicy (and not so nice).
And only God knows how I love my food spicy when it's meant to be spicy !
And I don't like Nasi Dagang, or Satar or any other Terengganu delicacies that I know of.
No offence, really.
My taste buds are hard to please.
So far the outside food (?) that I love here are
  1. The keropok lekor (especially Tok Beng's),
  2. Steamed rice with spiced chicken (haha, is that what you call ayam berempah ?) from Dungun, and of course
  3. McDonald's ! 
Those are the food that I can eat and really, really, really savour each bite.
The mihun soup I had earlier is definitely going on that short list. :)

Oh, and tonight for the first time in my life, I tasted Jackfruit juice !
Well, Mr Sunshine ordered it but it was yummy !
I had dragonfruit juice which was tasty too.

Currently the both of us are back home, watching telly while munching on Mr Potato's Rice Crisps.

Alhamdulillah, murah rezeki makan today kan, sayang ? :)

xoxo

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers