Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

of cramps.

I spent a day at Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah (HSNZ), Kuala Terengganu today, attending the first day of a 2-day Infection Control Seminar.
Somehow I had trouble keeping myself awake throughout all the talks. I could only stay alert when I had a sweet in my mouth. But let's face it, I can't be popping sweets into my mouth every 5 minutes, right ?
I limited myself to two pieces per an hour of talk.
That helped my attention span to last for about 10 minutes for each talk.
Well, better than sleeping through the whole thing.

As it was nearing lunch time, my menstrual cramps which started this morning, were getting the best of me. I could not sit still. My legs and back were aching and my tummy was in so much pain I just felt like curling up into a ball and staying in that position until the pain went away.

The pain got even worse after lunch time, when we had to stand during the group practical session.
I was lucky I had friends working in that hospital, and they (Biey and Salwa) brought me some painkillers, and as there was about a few minutes left to the end of the seminar, I quietly excused myself from my group to go and lie down in the prayer room.
I had to lah. The pain was unbearable !

I fell asleep and woke up an hour later when Mr Sunshine called to tell me he'd be arriving to pick me up soon.

I feel very much better now, Alhamdulillah.

Gotta get to bed early tonight so I won't be nodding off at the seminar tomorrow, again.
Goodnight everyone.

xoxo

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers