Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

touch.

Currently feeling: Melancholic
Currently listening to: Umbrella - Marie Digby


I've been wondering how it is that we can easily lose touch with people who have played major roles in our lives. It's actually sad to see how people we love, people we have built relationships/friendships with seem to just drift away after some time, or after certain occurrences.

People can come and go without warning.
Sometimes, due to lack of time and other responsibilities, we simply forget. To make that call, to email, to sms, even if it was just to say hi or ask how that other person is doing.

Are we coming down to replacing long term friendships with short term, disposable, acquaintances ?
It's easy to understand how we can lose touch with people we've only known briefly, I guess, but what about the people who have been in our lives for years, since childhood, for instance ?
How is it that we can so easily let those connections go ?
I don't get it.

I wish I had more time.
To fix loose connections.
To maintain them, and to make sure the important ones stay with me throughout my entire life.

I guess it's not too late to make amends, just as long as I don't lose touch with myself.

xoxo

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers